THE MAGAZINE CONGLOMERATE®️
The nationally published THE MAGAZINE CONGLOMERATE®️ digital & print are looking for more talented contributors to join our team.
If you have exceptional writing skills and would like to share your expertise and perspective with a large audience, we’d love to hear from you.
Please take some time to review this entire page — it should answer any questions you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
Minimal Requirements for Every Post We Publish
Successful guest contributions produce creative, honest, and interesting posts that give our readers something new about the world of fashion, travel, relationships, food, beauty, etc. While we tend to focus on everything Culture, Entertainment & Lifestyle, that’s not all we talk about. We’re also interested in publishing any topic that pertains to personal finance, business/entrepreneurship, health & well-living, fitness, sports, etc.
We also look for a few things in everything we publish:
Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
The article reflects the writing style/tone of THE MAGAZINE CONGLOMERATE®️. We aim to be casual, yet trendy, and typically we stay away from jargon.
Proper attribution (credit) of data, quotations and outside content referenced in the article must be included.
No more than one link to your personal or company’s website in the body of the post.
The Different Post Types We Accept
Here are some of our most successful blog post types:
- How-To Tips: These posts give readers simple How-To Tips that are supported by relevant examples, original quotes (optional), approved graphics, and current data. The Word count on these posts should be at least 400 words and not exceed 800 words. Readers should feel that they are able to immediately execute the tips on the given topic and have very few questions left on what to do.
- Interview: These posts are in an interview/question and answers format with celebrities or subject matter experts. These posts rely on lots of quality pictures of the person being interviewed. The Word count on these posts should be at least 400 words and not exceed 1000 words. Readers should feel that they are able to have a better understanding of the interviewee’s expertise or appeal.
- Creative: These posts are created with a broad, helpful, and fun perspective. They’re usually related to larger trending topics and are lighter in nature. There are also very few tactical lessons that can be taken away from them. The Word count on these posts should be at least 400 words and not exceed 800 words. Readers should feel more educated, yet amused on the topic.
Example of Creative Posts Titles: 5 Ways to Lose 15lbs Before the Holidays
- Commentary: These posts are commentaries of a trending topic, event, viral video, or story. These posts include actual footage or quotes with the contributor’s comment/remarks. The Word count on these posts should be at least 400 words and not exceed 800 words. Readers should feel up to date on the topic, event, video, article, or person.
While we certainly publish posts from time to time that doesn’t fall into any of those categories, your post has the best chance of being accepted if it matches one of these formats.
What We Won’t Accept
There are some things we simply can’t accept:
- Anything that’s been published on our blog before. Please do a search of our site before submitting your articles.
- Anything that may be construed as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that’s too promotional for a company or organization.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies — this is not a site to air grievances.
How to Submit Your Post
Please email [email protected] with the following:
- Your completed post is a Word Doc file.
- Image files (with attribution) in a separate file.
- Short author bio including a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website.
- Your picture to include in your bio.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 7 days.
Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions immediately.
The Not-So-Fine Print
Submissions must meet THE MAGAZINE CONGLOMERATE®️ editorial team’s quality standards in order to get published.
We cannot allow you to republish your guest post in its entirety to your own blog, LinkedIn, Medium, or Inbound.org afterward. You can syndicate or republish up to 100 words with a backlink to your guest post. You can share your guest post link like crazy to all of your social media networks.
THE MAGAZINE CONGLOMERATE®️ editorial team reserves the right to edit and adapt your article content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
THE MAGAZINE CONGLOMERATE®️ reserves the right to include calls-to-action to THE MAGAZINE CONGLOMERATE®️ content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
What’s In It For You?
This is a writing opportunity. If selected to be published to any of THE MAGAZINE CONGLOMERATE®️ Publications, your article will include your picture, short bio, and website and social backlinks for digital & author credit for print.
THE MAGAZINE CONGLOMERATE®️ is the ultimate culture magazine addressing the needs of stylish, informed, and progressive People of Color. On our pages, you will find the latest news in entertainment, beauty, fashion, health, fitness, and travel. It is more than a magazine, we are the culture. It is a place to be empowered and inspired to live loudly, learn smartly, and embrace life with passion.